1) When SOHO Notes 7.x first launches it will convert your SOHO Notes 6.x database to the latest format. This database will no longer be able to work with SOHO Notes 6.x. However, before SOHO Notes 7.x converts the database it will automatically create a backup of your database and save it in the following directory:
~/Library/Application Support/Chronos/Previous Version Backups/
Locate this backup and move it to your Desktop so you know where it is.
2) Run the "SOHO Notes Uninstaller" located in the following directory:
3) Open the following directory:
4) Select the file Chronos_yourusername.db and choose File > Compress "Chronos_yourusername.db". This will create a zip file of your database. Move the zip file to a different location. Then delete the file Chronos_yourusername.db.
5) Restart your computer.
6) Run the SOHO Notes 6.5.4 installer and follow all the prompts. You can download a SOHO Notes 6.5.4 installer from the following URL:
5) Launch SOHO Notes 6.x. It will automatically create a new database with the default notes.
6) Choose File > Restore Database > From a File. You will be prompted to locate your SOHO Notes 6.x database which should be conveniently located on your Desktop as per step 1. Your backup will be restored and all of your previous SOHO Notes 6.x notes will appear.